[Gluster-devel] Copying the file content while at the readv_cbk

Gustavo Bervian Brand gugabrand at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 21:07:46 UTC 2012

Hello,

  The code I am working on is writing a file to a different subvolume than
the one it is reading it from (during the read time). In order to do it, at
the open() call I set some variables and context, while on the readv_cbk
calls I am calling synctask_new() with a function that will trigger create
or open + syncop_writev()s.

  It is working ok for small files, but when it begins to get around 1MB or
a bit more I can see that among the several readv() calls there is a
fstat(), which I guess is messing with the write, because when it doesn't
happen, the write concludes successfully (there is no error from the
syncop_writev, but comparing the files afterwards I can see that when the
fstat happens I get different file contents). I don't see why because the
fstat is over the original file, not the one I'm writing.

  The way I am taking here, trying to write a file locally directly at
readv_cbk would be the more appropriate one in your opinion, or other
approach more common in gluster would be better?

Thanks,
Gustavo Bervian Brand