[Gluster-devel] FUSE/libglusterfs with nfs-ganesha

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning at lanning.cc
Sat Nov 10 22:36:33 UTC 2012

I have been looking into the NFS export of the FUSE mount thing. (mount
-t nfs localhost:/...)

In my search for a userspace NFS daemon, I found nfs-ganesha.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/nfs-ganesha/

Has anyone tried linking the FUSE client to the FSAL_FUSELIKE module?

It is under active development by Panasas and IBM.  But their FUSE
module isn't being maintained.  (v1.5.1 currently won't compile)

The reason I am looking at this specifically, other than running the
GlusterFS server on all my clients, is that I am creating a private IaaS
and I need to dynamically add/remove clients.

I can write a REST API to have clients auto register to the cluster.
Then have a cron job that runs through disconnected peers that are not
serving bricks and remove them.  But if I can use a normal client and
nfs-ganesha, it would be a lot simpler and a lot less state maintenance.

--
Mr. Flibble
King of the Potato People