[Gluster-devel] glusterfs-3.4.0qa2 released

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Tue Nov 6 05:22:03 UTC 2012

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:

> I already reported SSL-related problems. I also have regressions from
> 3.3.1 with non SSL setup: I often get split-brain on files despite the
> fact that no server went down.
>
> The logs suggest there are often spurious disconnect/reconnect, but I
> did not understood yet whether it is server or client fault. I suspect
> that split brains occur durring the reconnexion cycles, but I have yet
> no proof for it.

Here is the log. My first hunch was wrong, the split brain does not
seems to come from a disconnect/reconnect cycle:
http://ftp.espci.fr/shadow/manu/gfs340qa2-spurious-eio.log

Note that the file causing a split-brain did not exist when the log
starts, which implies it was not already split-brain before I started my
test.

That suggests there is some corruption problem. Does the log rings a
bell for someone?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz