[Gluster-devel] Questions on SSL in 3.4.0qa2

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 17:11:08 UTC 2012

On 11/03/2012 02:59 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> About SSL support, client logs stuff below at mount time. Is the first
> "SSL support is NOT enabled" message relevant?

Not really.  That's the connection we make to glusterd on the remote node to
get the port number for the brick (that's also why the xlator shows as
"glusterfs" instead of "gfs33-client-X") and that connection is not SSL.

> Another problem: if I mount/unmount/mount on a client, the second mount
> fails and servers are stuck in a state where it is not possible to mount
> until they are restarted. It is possible to mount the same filesystem
> from a client using different mount pojnts, though. It will only break
> when the filesystem is mounted for the second time on a given
> mountpoint.

Thanks for reporting that.  I've submitted a patch to fix it.

http://review.gluster.org/4158