[Gluster-devel] dht dependency on glusterfs

Bharata B Rao bharata.rao at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:39:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I was experimenting to see if I can use distribute+replicate kind of
volume using my QEMU-GlusterFS integration patches. It appears that
dht xlator depends on a routine (glusterfs_rebalance_event_notify)
that happens to be part of glusterfs binary. Because of this
dependency I am not able to load the dht xlator from QEMU since QEMU
will not use glusterfs.

I don't understand the internals dht and what
glusterfs_rebalance_event_notify() does, but can't this routine be
part of libglusterfs ?

Regards,
Bharata.
--