[Gluster-devel] split brain: how should it be cured?

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Thu Jun 21 07:02:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:00:08PM -0700, Anand Avati wrote:
> On the contrary, "Yesterday" example is not a split brain, but "today"
> example is a split brain. Though I'm not sure what steps you performed
> before you landed in that situation.

I just killed one brick while building the NetBSD tree. As I reported
earlier, this wrecks the filesystem beyond recovery: I have to unmount
and remont in order to use it again. I have not been able to track
this down to a simple test case, though.

> The entire problem boils down to basically two attributes
> - permission and ownership.

What about extended attributes?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus