[Gluster-devel] Cannot run VMware Virtual Machines on GlusterFS

Fernando Frediani (Qube) fernando.frediani at qubenet.net
Wed Jun 20 08:55:37 UTC 2012

Hi Tomaoaki,
Thanks for investigating it.
I believe that behaviour you see on your environment is exactly the same here.

I thought originally it could be something that way ESXi mounts the NFS and also changed a few options on the volume GlusterFS(NFS) but didn't work.
Just out of curiosity and I don't think it would be related to this problem, but previously I've tried using striped+replicated+distributed and I couldn't even browse the Datastore or deploy a machine. With Distributed+Replicated I can store data there, it can see the files, so the issue is only when trying to power it on.

Regards,

Fernando