[Gluster-devel] Cannot run VMware Virtual Machines on GlusterFS

Tomoaki Sato tsato at valinux.co.jp
Wed Jun 20 06:51:16 UTC 2012

Avati,

>   What is /baz/ which is prefixed behind foo as /baz/foo in the logs, but does not show up in your ls -lR?

'bar' is a gluster volume.
'baz' is a directory on the volume.
The ESXi host mounts 192.168.1.136:/bar/baz on /vmfs/volumes/1668aab4-a78e64bd directory.

Existence of 'baz' directory is not required for reproduce the issue.
Would you like to see log files without 'baz' directory too?

>Can you also send me ls -liR so that I can match inode numbers from the trace?

on the ESXi host:

~ # ls -liR /vmfs/volumes/1668aab4-a78e64bd
/vmfs/volumes/1668aab4-a78e64bd:
-1374929331 drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root               4096 Jun 19 06:41 foo

/vmfs/volumes/1668aab4-a78e64bd/foo:
~ #

on a Linux NFS client(CentOS 5.6 x86_64):

# ls -liR /vmfs/volumes/1668aab4-a78e64bd
/vmfs/volumes/1668aab4-a78e64bd:
total 8
2920037965 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 19 15:41 foo

/vmfs/volumes/1668aab4-a78e64bd/foo:
total 0
#

Regards,