[Gluster-devel] Cannot run VMware Virtual Machines on GlusterFS

Anand Avati anand.avati at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 04:17:47 UTC 2012

Tomosaki,
 I saw your log and there is nothing suspicious in it. Are you sure the log
captures the event where 'getcwd' returned a failure? Can you also return
the output of 'ls -lR of the data set' (from a dir level above) along with
the getcwd and capture trace nfs logs from the full session? [and keep the
trace nfs logs restricted to just these commands].

Thanks!
Avati

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Tomoaki Sato <tsato at valinux.co.jp> wrote:

> Vijay,
>
> Thank you for your attention to this matter.
>
> I could not find strace command on the ESXi hosts.
> CentOS version of strace command says "strace+ ptrace(PTRACE_TRACEME,
> ...): Function not implemented" on the ESXi host.
>
> Please find attached log file.
> This log file is smaller than the previous version and covers only the
> 'getcwd' period.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tomo
>

> (2012/06/20 10:51), Vijay Bellur wrote:
>
>> On 06/18/2012 11:55 PM, Tomoaki Sato wrote:
>>
>>> Vijay,
>>>
>>> please find attached test program and log file.
>>>
>>> test-code:
>>>
>>> $ cat getcwd.c
>>> #include <stdio.h>
>>> #include <unistd.h>