[Gluster-devel] submit changes to release-3.3

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 12:54:22 UTC 2012

On 06/15/2012 01:34 AM, Shishir Gowda wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> Please change to release-3.3 branch on the git.
> 'git checkout -b release-3.3 origin/release-3.3'

A slight alternative is to create the branch as an explicit tracking branch, so
that "git pull" etc. do the right things without needing to specify the repo
and branch every time.

	git branch -t release-3.3 origin/release-3.3
	git checkout release-3.3

AFAIK the -b and -t functions are not available in a single command, because
that would be convenient and this is git.  ;)