[Gluster-devel] Can't use NFS with VMware ESXi

Pitichai Pitimaneeyakul pitichai at 2-cans.com
Fri Jun 1 07:26:31 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have something similar to what you have done. But I used gluster
3.2.6, and mount gluster volume as directory. Finally redistribute that
mouthing point through NFS (native kernel NFS) to another team, who will
connect their VMware Vsphere  to this mounting point and store all VM
image in this directory. All work without any issue.
However, we tested with map NFS with mountproto=tcp option directly to
gluster, and it works without any issue as well. But we need redundancy
so that we run NFS server in cluster.

Another thing you may need to check if there any iptable rules block
those traffic as I experience NFS can be mounted by can not be used if
there iptables block some udp traffic.
I hope this may help you.

Cheers,
PP