[Gluster-devel] Writing at subvolumes

Gustavo Bervian Brand gugabrand at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 11:49:39 UTC 2012

Hello,

  I am debugging a basic translator that was created based on the rot-13
example, but I'd like to gather more info on how to procede at the example
below.
  So, the volfile I'm using is very basic, with two directories(bricks)
configured as posix volumes and my translator using both as subvolumes.

  Now suppose I want to write the same file on both subvolumes (like an
echo "abc" > /mnt/glustermount/test.txt).
  I tried to loop through the this->children list at the writev function,
calling the writev of each subvolume (as copied below) instead of the
FIRST_CHILD macro.
  At the 1st subvolume it was ok, but at the second one I got a
segmentation fault when calling the STACK_WIND complaining about
pthread_spin_lock.

  What other kind of structure/control I'd need to build to replicate the
content over all the subvolumes I have?
  What I want at first is to know how I can control the write over
different subvolumes, so any hint here is welcome.

190         xlator_list_t *list = this->children ;
191         while (list) {
192                 STACK_WIND (frame, gbfs_writev_cbk, list->xlator,
193                                 list->xlator->fops->writev, fd, vector,
count, off,
194                                 flags, iobref, xdata);
195                 list=list->next;
196         }

Thanks,
Gustavo Brand