[Gluster-devel] Hang in glfs_init_wait()

Bharata B Rao bharata.rao at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 04:21:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Anand Avati <anand.avati at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why do you want to re-init an already existing object?

As you note below, I don't want to re-init but rather do fini and init :)

> Rather, why do you
> want to fini an object which you know you will init again? There is a cost
> to establishing and tearing down glfs_t. Why not initialize it once and use
> it for the lifetime of the process?

I agree, but the short answer is that for protocols like gluster where
I am not required to specify any image format,  QEMU ends up opening
the image twice which results in connection init and termination
twice.

I will discuss this with QEMU developers for a long term solution.
Meanwhile having a working glfs_fini() which tears down the connection
completely will give us a fully working QEMU with GlusterFS backend.

Regards,
Bharata.