[Gluster-devel] Prospective Feature List for GlusterFS 3.4

John Mark Walker johnmark at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 20:27:04 UTC 2012

Greetings,

You can find a preliminary list of features for 3.4 here:

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning34

If you have something you'd like to add (and take ownership of) we welcome your involvement.

To submit a new feature for discussion (and hopefully, inclusion) fill out the new feature template:

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Feature_Template

You can fine one awesome contributor who has already done this, for the block device translator:

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning34/BD

We will be discussing these and other features at the gluster developer meeting over the next two days, beginning tomorrow at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 17:00 UTC

If you would like to attend in person, you need to add your name to the list no later than 5pm TODAY, July 11 (Pacific time)
  - see http://glusterdevsummit.eventbrite.com/

If you're remote and would really like to participate, ask nicely and I'll try to get a video conferencing hookup. The more who request this, the better.

Looking forward to pushing out the official GlusterFS 3.4 roadmap.

-JM