[Gluster-devel] Unable to get volume name (GlusterFS 3.3 on Solaris 11)

Amar Tumballi amarts at redhat.com
Mon Jul 9 09:45:05 UTC 2012

Hi Liu,

> I built GlusterFS 3.3 on Solaris 11, but  unable to create a volume.

Thats really good news !! You needed to make some changes in the code
for building on Solaris or did the source of glusterfs-3.3.0 work out of
the box?

If you needed a patch, then it would be great if you can submit it, so
we can review and apply it upstream.

> # gluster volume create test-volume <myhost>:/test-vol
> (/test-vol is a ZFS filesystem)
>
> The glusterd's log said:
> [2012-07-09 17:12:45.417496] I
> [glusterd-volume-ops.c:83:glusterd_handle_create_volume] 0-glusterd:
> Received create volume req
> [2012-07-09 17:12:45.417761] E
> [glusterd-volume-ops.c:107:glusterd_handle_create_volume] 0-: Unable
> to get volume name
>
> I looked at the source code, it seems "dict_get_str (dict, "volname",
> &volname)" did not succeed. Any hint about it?

Looks like the issue can be present both at 'cli/' part of the code, or
even at the glusterd. Need log of 'glusterd --debug' run, and CLI cmd
from other terminal.

Regards,
Amar