[Gluster-devel] pthread_*_init return values

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 03:18:37 UTC 2012

On 02/08/2012 08:50 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Vijay Bellur<vbellur at redhat.com>  wrote:
>
>> Once memory accounting is enabled, the accounting data can be viewed by
>> triggering a statedump.
> I have it running with -DDEBUG, how do I trigger the statedump?

kill -USR1 <glusterfs_pid> would do. This yields you a file
/tmp/glusterdump.<pid>. If you grep for memusage in glusterdump, you can
see memory consumption per type per xlator. The corresponding type can
be looked up in the <xl_prefix>-mem-types.h present in all xlators.

It might be useful to take a dump before and after running the test so
that you can compare the memory consumptions.

-Vijay