[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] FeedBack Requested : Changes to CLI output of 'peer status'

Deepak C Shetty deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Aug 29 07:46:43 UTC 2012

On 08/29/2012 04:12 AM, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> Ok, maybe I didn't explain the true nature in detail:
> The number of fields and the formatting is all the same. nobody wants to read
> the output. Instead it is read by scripts most of the time. so the only valid
> question is the field delimiter, simply to make the output parseable as easy
> as possible for some scripts.

On the delimiter, I have a point to raise.

In the new format, delimiter is space(s) ? What if a new column got
added in future
which has something like "new value" as a value.. then parsing would be
difficult.
Current example shown doesn't have any value that has space inside it..
but wondering if it had, would it still be parse friendly ?