[Gluster-devel] Fedora (f18), revised packaging for glusterfs

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 19:46:31 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kaleb Keithley" <kkeithle at redhat.com>
>From: "Joe Julian" <joe at julianfamily.org>
>>
>> If GlusterFS support is being pushed to the OpenStack project, then I think it shouldn't be in the gluster rpms.
>
>Fair enough. I don't disagree with you, but---
>
>When will the changes appear in the OpenStack (swift) sources? I don't think we know, do we?
>
>And once they're in, will we need to make any associated changes to glusterfs?
>
>In the mean time I'm not personally opposed to packaging a set of extra RPMs. Gluster.org has already done that, but not in a convenient way.
>
>Once swift is usable out-of-the-box, I'd drop the extra RPMs in a heartbeat because — obviously — it would be silly to keep them at that point.

And, in case it wasn't apparent, this proposed packaging of extra RPMs only applies only to f18 and f19/rawhide. (And eventually in my fedorapeople.org repo for f16, f17, el5, and el6.)

If we're lucky, maybe we'd be able to drop the extra RPMs by the time f18 ships, and very probably, if not definitely, by the time f19 ships.

--

Kaleb