[Gluster-devel] Fedora (f18), revised packaging for glusterfs

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 18:32:39 UTC 2012

From: "Joe Julian" <joe at julianfamily.org>

> If GlusterFS support is being pushed to the OpenStack project, then I think it shouldn't be in the gluster rpms.

Fair enough. I don't disagree with you, but---

When will the changes appear in the OpenStack (swift) sources? I don't think we know, do we?

And once they're in, will we need to make any associated changes to glusterfs?

In the mean time I'm not personally opposed to packaging a set of extra RPMs. Gluster.org has already done that, but not in a convenient way.

Once swift is usable out-of-the-box, I'd drop the extra RPMs in a heartbeat because — obviously — it would be silly to keep them at that point.

Thoughts?

--

Kaleb