[Gluster-devel] Disabling non-syslog logging

Ian Latter ian.latter at midnightcode.org
Wed Apr 18 03:42:22 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
>From: "Amar Tumballi" <amarts at redhat.com>
>To: <ian.latter at midnightcode.org>
>Subject:  Re: [Gluster-devel] Disabling non-syslog logging
>Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 21:49:25 +0530
>
> >    I could mitigate this by creating wrapper scripts for
> > glusterfs and glusterfsd, but I'd prefer not to.
> >
> >    Is there an administrative way to disable non-syslog
> > logging for all glusterd child processes?
> >

> can you try 'gluster volume set <VOLNAME> client-log-level
NONE' ?

Thanks for the suggestion;

  Running this (glusterfs v3.2.6) works (logs a succeed
message) but the bricks continue to accrue client
connection notices. There is also still the .cmd-history
log amongst other files.

  Note that the objective here is no log files at all; i.e. at
the moment if the directory /var/log/glusterfs is not
created gluster fails to run.  This was not the behaviour
under the older architecture, when "-l /dev/null" was
specified ..

Thanks,

--
Ian Latter