[Gluster-devel] Build for NetBSD and FreeBSD

Franz Schober franz.schober at firmos.at
Thu Apr 12 17:06:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

i am interessted in building Gluster for NetBSD and especially for FreeBSD.

On NetBSD I got a working binary package for 3.2.5, compiling the source package 3.2.5 ist not working, I don't see the NetBSD ifdefs in
the code (e.g. libglusterfs/src/compat.h:#ifdef __NetBSD__).
I read work on 3.3 for NetBSD is in progress, so I didn't continue here.

So to compile the gluster code for NetBSD, at first starting with 3.2.x, which version should I choose ? (a special git branch/tag ?)

For FreeBSD, I started withe 3.3Beta2 and managed to get the source building without any FUSE parts, gluster cli crashed on every second command and glusterd on peer probe =>  I stopped here.

On git head I managed to build too, but a seg fault on starting the glusterd was the result, no further investigations till now.

But at first I would like to build a working 3.2.x on NetBSD and
after that step continuing on FreeBSD to get a working 3.2.x build,
continuing with the head afterwards ...

Thx for your support,

Franz Schober
FirmOS Business Solutions