[Gluster-devel] glusterfs-3.3.0qa34 released

Patrick Matthäi pmatthaei at debian.org
Tue Apr 10 20:42:34 UTC 2012

Am 10.04.2012 22:15, schrieb Patrick Matthäi:
> Am 10.04.2012 22:10, schrieb Jeff Darcy:
>> On 04/10/2012 03:59 PM, Patrick Matthäi wrote:
>>> The "problem" is, that the % substitution is missing, so:
>>>
>>> gf_log (this->name, GF_LOG_ERROR, msg);
>>> should become:
>>> gf_log (this->name, GF_LOG_ERROR, "%s", msg);
>>>
>>> I didn't checked if this was introduced in other places, too.
>>>
>>> In 3.2.5 there was a simmilar fault, which my co-maintainer of the
>>> glusterfs packaging has been fixed:
>>> http://review.gluster.com/#change,2598
>>
>> Yes, it's easy to work around, and patches to do just that would be welcome.
>> I'll be the first to approve them.  OTOH, false positives are the bane of any
>> effort to improve software quality via static analysis.  The fact that gcc has
>> now generated two false positives for the same non-problem suggests that its
>> format-security diagnostics are not the right basis for such an effort.
>
> I am currently on patching, since I have got two patches now and I am on
> my third buildd run (just building on my cow-power-notebook atm) I may
> need some minutes ;)

Ok here they are:

02-gflog2.diff:
FTBFS as described

03-gflog3.diff:
Same applies here

03-spelling-errors.diff:
Multiple spelling errors fixed (mostly @ log messages)

04-man-warnings.diff:
A few man warnings fixes (hyphens used as minus signs)

Additional I see:

a) Why is a RPATH added to usr/lib/glusterfs/glusterfs/gsyncd for /usr/lib?
b) Older but problematic licensing problem. The openssl license is not
compatible with GPL{1,2,3}, so on glusterfs(!) needs to add an licensing
exception.
See: http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html
Point: OpenSSL

--
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,

E-Mail: pmatthaei at debian.org
        patrick at linux-dev.org
*/