[Gluster-devel] Google Summer of Code - GlusterFS & Fedora Project

Anand Avati anand.avati at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 18:29:06 UTC 2012

Arun,
Though what you describe might be desirable for some, it is quite different
from the bindings translator. The goal of the python bindings translator is
to provide a translator which is generic enough to achieve *some* tasks in
a python script. The main use case is to implement hooks as python
callbacks where users can implement the callback function in python. There
is an old prototype of such a translator in the glusterfs codebase. Please
have a look at what that was achieving. It would be mostly along those
lines, but for the new translator API.

Thanks,
Avati