[Gluster-devel] AFR over the slow wan link

Pitichai Pitimaneeyakul pitichai at 2-cans.com
Sat Apr 7 08:28:20 UTC 2012

Hi there,
I am working on glusterfs to replication file across two side ?
Can some one hints me that the following is feasible to do ?
Server A and Server B connect together with slow wan link., and Client
and Server A are on the same LAN.
1) Client copy a file to server A.
2) Gluster report to copy application (client) is done, when the file is
completely copy to Server A. And client can continue their job.
3) However, the AFR still replicating between Server A, and B, but the
file still locked.
4) unlock the file when the file is finish replicated between Server A
and B.

If found http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/20080814/000243.html
explain something about code modification, but I can't figure out where
to do.
Can someone please explain.
Thank you & Best Regards,
PP