[Gluster-devel] Is it possible to setup a RAID 6 using GlusterFS?

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Sat Apr 7 01:04:16 UTC 2012

You need to do 12 bricks across 4 nodes, in 'replica 3' groups. This
would allow you to lose two nodes and still have access to all your
data, as each distributed replica group is across at least 3 of your 4
nodes.

You will need to be deliberate about which 3-way groups end up on each
node so you have appropriate redundancy (e.g. group one does 1,2,3,
group two does 1,3,4, three does 2,3,4, four does 1,2,4)