[Gluster-devel] Serious problem doing a perl operation

Beat Rubischon beat at 0x1b.ch
Fri Sep 16 11:05:36 UTC 2011

Hi Einar!

On 16.09.11 12:44, Einar Gautun wrote:
> I’ve found a serious problem doing this command:
> perl -i -pe 's/something/somethingelse/' filename

perl opens the same file twice:

strace perl -i -pe 's/something/somethingelse/' filename
open("filename", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE)  = 3
open("filename", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_EXCL|O_LARGEFILE, 0666) = 4
close(4)                                = 0
close(3)                                = 0

Something which currently makes troubles on top of GlusterFS. I had
similar problems with "bzr" aka Bazaar.

Beat

--
     \|/                           Beat Rubischon <beat at 0x1b.ch>