[Gluster-devel] DHT-based Replication

Jerker Nyberg jerker at Update.UU.SE
Tue Nov 22 09:04:52 UTC 2011

It is such a good idea that an implementation has already been merged in
the Linux kernel. :)

http://kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/ceph.txt

When I first created the Wikipedia pages for Ceph and GlusterFS in january
2007 I added references to each other. I hope for some cross-fertilization
of ideas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GlusterFS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceph

I look forward to adding high-availability and high-performance services
on top of these file systems when they are stable enough.

Also interesting is that the LLNL native port of ZFS seem to be reasonably
stable, at least for my backup server. Deduplication and compression on
the file system level.

http://www.zfsonlinux.org/

--jerker