[Gluster-devel] is umount supposed to work?

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Fri May 13 07:24:25 UTC 2011

Hi

I am still working on glusterfs/NetBSD, and it is getting close to something
actually usable. I still have a few issues, one of which is unmounting.

When I use umount(8), I send a FUSE_DESTROY to glusterfs. That has no
effect at all. Looking at the source, I can see that fuse_destroy()
just returns succes and do nothing.

Is it on purpose? What about adding a kill(getpid(), SIGTERM) here?
What is the prefered way of unmounting right now?

Another problem: invoking glusterfs with -s and without --volfile-id
leads to a SIGSEGV because volfile_id is NULL. This can be fixed by
adding an error message if --volfile-id is supplied without -s. Another
approach would be to let the administrator supply the volfile_id in the
-s string, for instance with glusterfs -s gfs1 at gfs.example.net /mnt
(I suggest this syntax rather than gfs.example.net:gfs1 just in case one
want to add support for specifying an alternate port some day).

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org