[Gluster-devel] Gluster "Peer Rejected"

Nobodys Home n1shome at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 16:58:35 UTC 2011

Hello,
I was "afraid" to delete anything since I have seen no DR docs related to this
state.  We did seem to reslove the situation however:

1. Did md5sum's of all file in /etc/glusterd and /etc/glusterfs on gbe02 and
compared results to other 7 peers.
2. Noticed that the info file on gbe02 had a different Status then all others.
3. Noticed that the Status line in vols/peers/* differed on gbe02 while again...
the other members had all identical files.

This entire problem occured while we were shutting down our servers for
maintenance.
We knew there were no writes occuring during this time.
We decided to update gbe02's inof and vol/peers/* files to match the rest of the
group and restart glusterd on it.

Wala... It joined the others.
We then did the self heal procedure on our gluster cluster and did a few tests
to make sure that gbe02's writes were replicated to it's replica member.

We seem to be OK but I found it alarming there was no info on this out there.

What would you have done to handle this?  Was there a simpler procedure?

Nobodys Home