[Gluster-devel] rfc.sh usage

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 19:05:09 UTC 2011

On 12/16/2011 09:23 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> I wanted to add an updated patchset to http://review.gluster.com/#change,796
> but gerrit shows identical patchset 1 and 2. How I am supposed to do?
>

> here is what I did:
>
> git clone
> cp -r glusterfs getgroups && cd getgroups
> git branch getgroups
> vi xlator/mount/fuse/src/fuse-helper.c
> commit -s xlator/mount/fuse/src/fuse-helper.c
> ./rfc.sh    					-> this produced patchset 1
> vi xlator/mount/fuse/src/fuse-helper.c		-> update for patchset 2
> commit -s xlator/mount/fuse/src/fuse-helper.c
> ./rfc.sh					-> this produced patchset 2

It seems odd that it created a new patchset at all.  Normally you're supposed
to use the "--amend" flag on commit, to modify the existing HEAD instead of
creating a new one.  What I would have expected the above to result in a new
Gerrit review request dependent on the old request, not a new patchset on the
old request, but maybe there's more git silliness here than meets the eye.

Wait, what am I saying?  This is git, so of course it's behaving irrationally.