[Gluster-devel] Two annoying bugs in 3.2.5

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Fri Dec 16 19:10:18 UTC 2011

Pranith Kumar K <pranithk at gluster.com> wrote:

> > 2) When using AFR, if a peer goes down, processes that have I/O pending
> > will se an error. Just retrying the same operation is fine, but that is
> > a bit furstrating.
> >
> Emmanuel,
>      Could you give the test case for the afr issue.

It is quite bold, I have not yet narrowed it down to something simple.
My test case is building NetBSD. You can grab the tarballs here:
http://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-5.1/source/sets/src.tgz
http://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-5.1/source/sets/sharesrc.tge
http://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-5.1/source/sets/syssrc.tgz
http://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-5.1/source/sets/gnusrc.tgz

Unpack, then cd usr/src && ./build.sh -U release
I wait for the build to actually start, then pkill glusterfsd on a
replica, and the build stops because of an I/O error.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz
manu at netbsd.org