[Gluster-devel] Can I bring a development idea to Dev's attention?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Sep 26 09:43:39 UTC 2010

  On 26/09/2010 09:48, Gordan Bobic wrote:

> I still think it would be worth investigating interfacing with DLM,
> which already does this sort of thing, and is already there. Untill
> the scope for re-using that is investigated, it may better to hold off
> on re-inventing that particular wheel.

Well, I guess I didn't really mean to specify the details of the
solution, only the requirements.  If DLM does the job, then fantastic!

It seems like we have been here before:
     http://www.mail-archive.com/gluster-devel@nongnu.org/msg04143.html

I for one would be interested to investigate whether it's possible to
financially influence the appearance of this kind of locking/performance
optimisation.  I'm just a small business so perhaps others would also
like to choose this time to also indicate their support?

Cheers

Ed W