[Gluster-devel] Replicate/AFR Using Broadcast/Multicast?

Craig Carl craig at gluster.com
Wed Oct 13 00:32:13 UTC 2010

Gordon -
PGM is still experimental so it will be a while before we would consider implementing it, I would also expect to see network issues as a cluster grows. It would also limit a Gluster cluster to a single broadcast domain. We would have to find a way to manage these challenges, do you have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Craig

--
Craig Carl

Senior Systems Engineer; Gluster, Inc.
Cell - ( 408) 829-9953 (California, USA)
Office - ( 408) 770-1884
Gtalk - craig.carl at gmail.com
Twitter - @gluster
Installing Gluster Storage Platform, the movie!
http://rackerhacker.com/2010/08/11/one-month-with-glusterfs-in-production/