[Gluster-devel] How to make out-of-sync files visible in replication setup

Ian Rogers ian.rogers at contactclean.com
Thu Mar 25 18:54:00 UTC 2010

This "directory of softlinks" would need more information in it to work
I think.

Remember that the bricks know nothing of each other, and clients don't
know what other clients get up to either.

Some random thoughts:

1. A client will be making a note like this when it's trying to write a
file and spots that one of the replica sub-volumes is down
1.1. so the client shouldn't try to store this info in the sub-volumes
as, by definition, they're in a degraded state.
1.2. the info should include which sub-volumes were up/down to help the
clients make an informed decision for self-heal

that's as far as I got... ;-)

Ian

--
www.ContactClean.com
Making changing email address as easy as clicking a mouse.