[Gluster-devel] successive bonnie++ tests taking longer and longer to run (system load steadily increasing)

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Mon Mar 22 16:15:51 UTC 2010

On 03/22/2010 10:44 AM, Raghavendra G wrote:

> As we can see, there is not much difference in Rewrite performance
> with/without io-cache. Hence if there are writes to the same offsets
> from which reads have been done, data will always be read from back-end
> and overhead of io-cache can be significant. In these scenarios io-cache
> is not recommended. However for other cases, such as mostly read-only
> operations, performance boost from io-cache can be significant.

Thanks for the follow-up.  It certainly lines up with what should
hypothetically happen (which is a good thing).

Ultimately what all of these exercises have shown is that performance
tuning needs to be done on a per-instance basis, and that there is
absolutely no « one size fits all » solution.

--
Daniel Maher <dma+gluster AT witbe DOT net>