[Gluster-devel] AFR/Replicate read-subvolume option not working right

Alex Attarian u2sashko at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 22:55:44 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I have 3 server AFR setup, two servers are in a local net and one server is
remote in another location using Gluster 2.0.6. I have also 5 local clients
that are connected to all 3 servers. Reads are mostly slow because of the
connection to the 3rd server, however I thought enabling read-subvolume and
saying to read from one of the local nodes would solve that. However, I
still see reads going to the 3rd node, although I specified read-subvolume
local-node2.
When I disable the 3rd server on all clients inside AFR, reads become very
fast, which makes me assume that it's the reads to the remote server that is
making everything slow.

Is it not working or broken in 2.0.6?

Thanks,
Alex