[Gluster-devel] Re: 2 server replicate setup, corrupt file uploads?

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 09:50:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:38 AM, Brandon Lamb <brandonlamb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Not sure what if anything might be needed so I'll wait for someone to
> tell me (as far as logs, configs, whatnot).
>
> Basically I have two servers with two clients mounting a replicated
> brick. I am using this with php 5.3 and lighttpd for web servers.
>
> When I mount /web/uploads/attachments on the gluster mount and upload
> a file and have it move it to this directory, it seems to corrupt
> files. Switching to nfs and not modifying the web servers or anything
> else it works fine.
>
> Is there any kind of special mounting options I need to know about or
> anything like that? I had a couple customer complaints about our
> webmail having issues attaching a couple word documents and a photo,
> and it seems this must be what they were talking about.
>
> My php upload_dir is /var/log/lighttpd/uploads which is on the local
> hard drive, so it does move_uploaded_file() from there to the gluster
> mount.
>
> On another note, I am serving my scripts and everything else from the
> same mount, so it seems odd that using vim from a prompt, saving files
> etc and the web server reading them all seems to work fine, but
> something whacky with uploading files??
>
> Ok thanks
> =)
>
> Brandon

Hm seems I lied. My php.ini upload_dir was set to
/var/log/lighttpd/uploads but my lighttpd server.upload-dirs was set
to /web/uploads which resides on the gluster mount.

So then my guess is something with how lighttpd handles http uploads
and gluster dont like each other? Known issue or anyway to
troubleshoot? I switched the lighttpd config to match and my script
now works correctly so my problem is "fixed" sort of hehe.