[Gluster-devel] successive bonnie++ tests taking longer and longer to run (system load steadily increasing)

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Thu Feb 25 10:12:15 UTC 2010

Raghavendra G wrote:

>     However, at two points during the multi-day test run, something
>     strange happened.  The time to completion dropped _dramatically_,
>     and stayed there for numerous iterations, before jumping back up again :
>

> Mostly reads are being served from io-cache?

Perhaps ; it is worth noting that even though the operations are
consistent, the data are being generated randomly.  I concede that,
statistically speaking, some of those 0's and 1's would be cached
effectively, but this shouldn't account for a sudden ~ 50% increase in
efficiency that, just as suddenly as it appears, disappears again.

While it is irresponsible to extrapolate based on three points, my
newest test run with io-cache disabled has yielded 10m30s, 10m36s, and
10m34s so far...

--
Daniel Maher <dma+gluster AT witbe DOT net>