[Gluster-devel] Gluster with ext4 problem

Harshavardhana harsha at gluster.com
Wed Feb 24 08:31:28 UTC 2010

On 02/24/2010 01:29 PM, Anton wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Just attempted to replace a failed brick (HDD), having EXT3 by the new
> brick formatted to EXT4, but found that GLUSTER starts, and silently
> ignore (no errors, nothing expplaining in the logs) presence of the
> new brick, and replication started only when I have replaced FS to
> back to EXT3.
> Is this something known, or maybe there should be pair of ext3/ext3 ,
> ext4/ext4 bricks for replication to work? Any clue?
>

> Regards,
> Anton.

Anton,

     Can you be more specific with logs and volume files. What you have
been suggesting is vague as we have tested replication against ext4 and
not seen issues which you were referring. Also did you format both the
backend with ext4?. Could you also explain the setup details.

Regards

--
Harshavardhana
http://www.gluster.com