[Gluster-devel] glusterfs_setxattr on directory at distributed configuration

Dongmin Yu min at hostway.co.kr
Tue Feb 23 04:56:24 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm building a simple application which reads and writes files through Apache.

GET http://mydomain.com/my_folder/hello.jpg downloads the file
PUT http://mydomain.com/my_folder/hello.jpg uploads the file

There're some more tasks, authentication, authorization, logging and etc, before/after accessing files. And I already have existing modules written in Python for the tasks.
So I decided to build python C-extension on the libglusterfsclient.

Why I didn't use FUSE was I expected libglusterfsclient would be a little faster than FUSE even though I could not use python file modules.

Thanks

DongMin Yu

HOSTWAY IDC Corp. / R&D Principal Researcher
TEL. +822 2105 6037
FAX. +822 2105 6019
CELL. +8216 2086 1357
EMAIL: min.yu at hostwaycorp.com<mailto:min.yu at hostwaycorp.com>