[Gluster-devel] bug (?) that results in busted filesystem info in 2.0.9

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Wed Feb 3 16:51:37 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have a simple, repeatable scenario that results in the same bug every
single time.  The setup is very simple :

Four nodes : two clients (Fedora 8) doing client-side replication, and
two servers (Fedora 9).  All of the nodes are running Gluster 2.0.9.
There are no performance translators or anything outside of the strict
minimum for client-side replication.  All of the nodes are connected
over Gig-E.

I open two bash sessions on one of the clients.  In both sessions i
enter the gluster mount point.  In the first session, i create a
directory, enter that directory, then leave the session open.  In the
second session, i delete the aforementioned directory, then re-create it.

 From the second session's point of view, everything is fine.  The same
cannot be said the the first session : if i move back a directory to the
mount point, then run an ls, the (new) directory of the same name is
nothing but question marks (i.e. timestamp, mode, etc..).  The only
solution is unmounting and remounting the gluster mount point.

I fully realise that deleting directories that are open is generally bad
news, but it shouldn't result in busted filesystem info...

Any ideas ?

--
Daniel Maher <dma+gluster AT witbe DOT net>