[Gluster-devel] lookup caching

Olivier Le Cam Olivier.LeCam at crdp.ac-versailles.fr
Wed Apr 7 21:21:23 UTC 2010

Olivier Le Cam wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Apologize for my insistance, but would it be possible to help on the
> stats caching? This seriously decreases performances with small files
> readings!
>
> I am volunteer to try to deal with stats caching by myself but I would
> appreciate some guidance in order to know where I could interact in the
> code for.

Well, as far as I understand the problem is rather that folders on the
path of the targeted file are not cached at all by io-cache. This is why
accessing a file makes (quite a lot) network traffic and can introduce
bottlenecks because each folder is stated on the servers before
delivering the file, even if that file is indeed cached by io-cache.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can get this cached as well and
will appreciate any pointers.

Thanks and best regards,
--
Olivier