[Gluster-devel] 2.0.6 patch for io-cache pattern-matched non-caching

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Tue Sep 15 11:16:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:41:52 +0530
Anand Avati <avati at gluster.com> wrote:

> Stephan,
>   This patch looks fine. Can you please file an enhancement bug in
> bugzilla with a brief description, and use ./format-patch.sh to
> generate the patch against the bug id and use git send-mail to submit
> the patch to gluster-devel? All commits going to glusterfs repository
> are tracked by a bug id, including enhancements.
>
> Thanks,
> Avati

Hello Avati,

the patch - being so small - should be understood more like a short hint in c
language to the programmer in charge of the corresponding file. He will - if
he likes it - write the few lines in below one minute. On the other hand I
will need around an hour worktime just to meet your requirements of filing a
patch.
Honestly this is not my understanding of effectiveness in work. Moreover I am
not interested at all in getting more google-famous than today just because of
filing micro-patches to all kinds of ongoing projects. So there is no need to
link my name forever in a database with this patch.
If you like the idea behind the patch just use it. If not there is exactly
nothing I can do to convince you. It's not the spoon that's bending ;-)

--
Regards,
Stephan