[Gluster-devel] Stripe or Unify to achieve RAID-0 alike FS

Brian Hirt bhirt at mobygames.com
Wed Nov 4 17:44:41 UTC 2009

If your bricks are full, you are probably going to have problems with
any type of setup.    In general, I would say that the preferred
method of people here is unify over striping.  If you are dealing with
huge files that are bigger than your disk, that might be a reason to
use striping, however i have no experience with using gluster for such
things or dealing with files that large.

FYI, neither strip or unify creates redundancy alone, you still need
combine them with something, probably the distribute translator.