[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.0pre1

Anand Babu Periasamy ab at gluster.com
Mon Nov 2 21:00:21 UTC 2009

Nathan Stratton wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>
>> It would appear that this requires fuse-devel to build, at least as an
>> RPM. My understanding was that 3.0 doesn't require fuse libraries and
>> talks directly to the kernel module. Is that an error in my
>> understanding or an error in the spec file for building the RPMs?
>
> Wow 3.0! I am still waiting for 2.1, what did I miss?
>
> -Nathan

Hi Nathan,
2.1 *is* 3.0. We are launching Gluster Storage Platform 3.0 this week. We wanted to keep
GlusterFS and storage platform version in sync. We had a lot of discussion internally
debating if we should call 2.1 or 3.0. Gluster Platform is a significant release for us
and deserves 3.0 version. Keeping version in sync will remove a lot of confusion. At least
we are not going back from v2008 to v7 ;).

--
Anand Babu Periasamy
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31