[Gluster-devel] Non-responding issue with GlusterFS 1.3 and Unify

"M. Sébastien LELIEVRE" sebastien.lelievre at aznetwork.fr
Wed May 20 07:28:28 UTC 2009

Greetings everyone,

I am now back on glusterfs after a year and a half not using it and I am
glad to see the project evolved so much and kept its philosophy.

I am having a "hang on / not responding" issue with my brand new unify
configuration. I hope you could help me with it.

I have 2 servers with hardware RAID 5EE (a IBM variant of RAID5) and
Ubuntu server (8.04.2 LTS) installed on each with LVM.

First one is ABFSTOR01, second is ABFSTOR02.

Packaged version of glusterFS for Ubuntu 8.04.2 is 1.3. I can't think of
 compiling GlusterFS 2 "myself" and have to keep on the packaged version
since those servers are "pre-production servers".

I would like to mount a unified storage on ABFSTOR01. Here are my
glusterfs-server.vol configurations on each server :

http://glusterfs.pastebin.com/m2c39f238

And here is the gluserfs-client.vol configuration for ABFSTOR01 :

http://glusterfs.pastebin.com/m152214f7

Result is that the mount is unavailable and that I can't get any
information from the df command since it stalls too.

I wonder what I am missing.

Hope you could help me

Best Regards,
--