[Gluster-devel] 2.0.1

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Thu May 14 23:20:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, 14 May 2009, Gordan Bobic wrote:

> Gordan Bobic wrote:
>> SQLite is still unstable with 2.0.1. Bookmarks in firefox still don't work
>> when /home is on GlusterFS.
>
> First access immediately after mounting still fails, too.

FYI, I haven't seen the first-access-on-mounting problem since one of the
earlier 2.0.0RCs.  I don't need to first "ls" my filesystems, they just
work from the start.

I hope to try a GlusterFS as my home directory soon and will be very
interested to see if I hit any trouble with FireFox bookmarks.

Problems I see in 2.0.1:

1) dht warns that the subvolumes are 100% full, even if they're empty.  It
seems to work fine, anyway.

2) File writes to a kernel-NFS-reexported GlusterFS are marked dirty by
replicate, such that self-heal is triggered when stat'ing the directory.
The unfs3 user-mode NFS server does not trigger this issue, nor do non-NFS
writes.

3) replicate self-heal fails to preserve mtime.

4) GlusterFS seems to have trouble creating or renaming files that match
the pattern '..*.*.*'; this is noticed when rsyncing directories
containing dot-files.

Thanks,

Brent