[Gluster-devel] Re: Experience with kernel NFS reexport

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Wed May 13 16:34:41 UTC 2009

Hi Brent,
 Thanks for the detailed obseration regarding NFS re-export.

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Brent A Nelson <brent at phys.ufl.edu> wrote:

> Note that this is the first time I've tried using cluster/ha;

Let us check what is the effect of cluster/ha in this behavior. Seems like
its causing issues, as thats the only untested part after this feature got
introduced.

Note that df of the GlusterFS filesystem looks just fine, so it seems odd
> that anything would be confused about filesystem size

Ya, its true, when you do 'df' the call is initiated from the top most layer
(fuse in most of the case), and all inode initialization etc happens in the
right way, where as in the earlier case (of calculating free disk space),
the call gets initiated by distribute translator itself, hence there may be
issues. Anyways, we will get back with our findings.

Regards,

--
Amar Tumballi