[Gluster-devel] 2.0.0 Finally Happened?

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Mon May 4 22:32:16 UTC 2009

On 04/05/2009 23:01, ender wrote:
> If you have an _immediate_ need for a fuse mountable
> clustered filesystem you might want to look at :
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/MountableHDFS HDFS does replication(+ self
> heal) well.

Interesting, not heard of that one before. Have you used it? What is
your experience of it? Is there readable mmap support? How does it
compare to GlusterFS performance-wise? How gracefully does it handle
disconnections and reconnections compared to AFR? Is it _really_ more
stable than GlusterFS?

I guess I really ought to try it, but for my intended use case it would
mean writing support for it into Open Shared Root. Not that that's a
problem, I've added GlusterFS support to it before, but it might be a
month or so before I get around to it...

Gordan