[Gluster-devel] 2.0.0rc4 (and rc5) locks up when used as root

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Fri Mar 20 18:16:24 UTC 2009

As suspected, chmod -x /etc/sysconfig/modules/udev-stw.modules fixes the
immediate problem. It would appear things like:

for file in /etc/sysconfig/modules/*.modules ; do
   [ -x $file ] && $file
done

seem to cause it to lock up.

Unfortunately, that sort of thing happens all over the place in the boot
scripts, and now it locks up a few steps later. The last version this
worked with was rc2 (possibly rc3, I haven't tested it). It's definitely
not working on rc4 and rc5.

Gordan